pick up your own fork

About a week or two ago I was told, among others, to be a self-feeder.

And ironically, last night I looked it up.  The first thing that popped up was teaching a child to eat on it's own.  That's not what I was going for, but the more I think about it the more I realize that that's basically the whole idea.

In the beginning of a spiritual journey, one usually wants direction.  One wants another human being to pave the way.  And more often than not, that turns into taking and taking without having to put any effort into something themselves.

You might try to look for that direction by watching those youtube videos on how to "be better", or pour your time into reading "self help" books.  Don't get me wrong, that's all fine and dandy, but the substantial food comes from the word of God.  Not only does it have a palm of protein, but it has a fist of vegetables, a cupped hand of carbs, and a thumb of fats.  Step one is just picking up the fork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the sheep among goats

the reality of Christianity as an accessory