living... a noun or adjective?

One of the first things you'll see on someone's Facebook profile is where they live.  But living holds such a flimsy definition.  What does it really mean to live somewhere?  What does it really mean to live, period?

In recent feelings of mundane routine, I scurried out of my tiny apartment and took a walk to the local basketball courts.  I purchased a basketball a week or two ago in hopes of switching my routine up and doing a little "living".  The idea of living life to it's fullest has always haunted me because I often feel as if I could always be doing more.  So I figured going back to my ten year old roots of playing ball would be a start.

In the middle of those thinking moments while walking home, I eyed a single piece of grass on the sidewalk that was shaped like a cross.  God had answered my question about living.  To live is Christ, because in Him we find life.  Admittedly, I was looking for more of an instruction book, or some new hobby to stumble into that would give me newfound momentum.  But I was happy that God had revealed himself to me so directly and brought part of Romans 2:12 ("Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...") to light.

I think it can be summed up like this...
"Finding life" has already occurred, and "living life" is a never-ending action.  Though not everyday can be a day you hike the Appalachian trail, every day can be a day you find something worth writing about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the sheep among goats

pick up your own fork

the reality of Christianity as an accessory